Monday, September 14, 2009

Plodding along.....

I have decided that I don't understand twitter. There is simply nothing that interesting about my life that I would need to constantly tell people about. "now I'm at the store buying apples. Now I am catching up on Dr. Who. Now I am brushing my teeth." I mean..really?? I rarely even update my facebook status because I have nothing to say. Which lead me back into this convoluted circle of explaining why I am so bad at this. I think to myself... I cant write until I have something cool to say. Then I realize how boring my life is. :)Then I realize .. I would rather have it be boring then tragic so hey! Optimism you know.
Except it really depends on what you call boring. My husband kind of defies the word. He is a very strange man. I love him, but he is an odd duck. We are down to 7 weeks until he leaves for boot camp. *sigh* I really hope he can make it. His back has been so bad that I worry. But, I pray for him. I believe this is what he is supposed to be doing, what we are supposed to be doing as a family and so he will make it and it will be a good thing. I really do. But I stress anyway.
Moving into my grandparents house has been a really cool thing. I felt like I had their blessing, that they dont mind my kids running around, playing drums in the basement and throwing walnuts at each other on the lawn. (Which is kind of a miracle since thats exactly what my grandmother minded when she was alive.) Not having attached neighboors, a huge lawn, tons of space. It's great. The kids have started at their new schools and have started to make friends. Thats a relief for me too. And the ward I live in is awesome, everyone is so friendly. And I am a hermit so they have to go out of their way to be friendly, and they do. Continually, not just once to say hi welcome. It's the perfect spot for us to be right now.
All in all, I have lots be grateful for. I find (like with my journal) I usually only take time to write when I am sad, or angry, or stressed so I just wanted to write one that says everything is fine. Thanks. :)

1 comment:

Cyndi Barker said...

I am so glad you are living in Grandma and Grandpa's house!

Fun Stuff!