Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh crap


This was so funny I couldn't help but add it.

So i realize that I am so bad at this. I started out ok, but then you know life gets busy and I don't actually spend much time on the internet so of course I don't write. It's like your journal you know? When stuff is actually happening you don't write, then when you do write you have 6 months or so to catch up on. Or be like me and have 2 years to catch up on. Oh well. So April was ok. I had my birthday. I worked did laundry etc. Just another day. And one more year past 30. That's still young right? But I did get to go to the Five Alls for dinner. I love that place. The food is awesome, the atmosphere is awesome, it's all awesome.
Then came May. We were told our baby hopes are simply not going to happen. I apparently have no good eggs anymore. I'm not sure how they know this but somehow they can test for it. So that sucks. A lot. I had a really hard time with it. It's diffficult to go from 4 years of trying to suddenly be told you can't and your new treatment we suggest gives you all the same symptoms as menopause. WHAT? No, I don't think so. Then my grandfather passes away. I didn't feel bad for him. I didn't cry for him. He was 82 and had a marvelous life. He was the greatest man I have ever known. Ever. If I could only live up to 1/8, or a 1/16 of him I would be set. No, I didn't feel bad for him. I felt bad my dad, I felt bad for my grandma, for my cousin Jennifer, for my uncle clem, for everyone else left here without him. For all of who will miss him. I cried for my dad, for my family, and those left behind.But it was the coolest funeral I have ever been to. My hisband said it was by far the healthiest. My father made the coffin. My mom and my sister in law helped make the lining. It was beautiful. Made of Thousand Lake wood and cedar. With old iron pipes for the handles. They let my uncle drive him down to freemont in the back of his suburban. My dad dug the grave with my grandpas backhoe (one of his favorite toys in life) with the help of the male grandkids evening it out. We all wrote on the coffin any little messages we wanted to say with sharpies and then put him into the ground ourselves and buried him. They had to cut off the handles with a saw at the gravesite because it wouldn't fit. I know my grandpa was in heaven laughing at us. I know he loved it all and thought it was perfect.
So now June is almost over. And now my year is almost half over. And what have I done? Not near what I wanted to. I lost 4 pounds by starting to get up at 5 am and go walking with the super cool Kimber. But it's only really been 3 weeks. Ok 4. Instead of 6 months like it was supposed to be. But hey, better late than never huh?

No comments:

Fun Stuff!