Monday, June 30, 2008

Books!


So my mother and I have been consumed with a new book series. Along with many many others I am sure. We try to get everyone we know to read them. It is the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers. Yes, its about vampires. But they are so good! Even if you don't read that kind of book, you will most likely still like it. I am counting down the days until Breaking Dawn (book 4) comes out in August!! They are so easy to read but they suck you in. One of the coolest things I have learned from the authors website StephenieMeyers.com is that all of her places are real. Forks is a real town in Washington. La Push is a real indian reservation and the Quileutes are a real tribe. With the exception of the vampires (of course) the legends she tells of them are true. Thats so cool to me. I was debating if I should review them on here or not but I don't think I will. But I just had to add my blurb about them. When I was going camping with my family I put it on to listen to for the four hour drive. And instead of whining about it they listened. And liked it! This from an 8 yr old, 12 yr old and 31 yr old. I had to burn it on to CD's from my MP3 player so they could finish the story when they got home. The movie is coming out in December and Josh (the 8 yr old) says we have to go see it for his birthday. I said yes sir!

No comments:

Fun Stuff!