Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hermit Crabs


It's been a busy little while. And of course when things are actually happening ... I don't write. My grandmother passed away. She was an interesting person. I always liked her even if there were many times I wasn't sure she really liked me. But she was funny. My dad made a beautiful casket and we buried her quietly. I learned things about her after she was gone that I never knew while she was here. That's sad. Why didn't I try to learn all that sooner? I think of all the stories my father tells, and the places he shows me and think...man I need to record all this. I couldn't bear it if it was lost. I love my family, I wish I was more involved with them besides cruising their blog pages and checking out the family website. I always tell my cousin Cindy we need to get together, we need to get our kids together, but in the end I never call. That's sad. I am a hermit. For the most part I am ok with that but...one can be too much of a hermit. I need to come out of the shell more often. Or at least find a bigger one with room to visit. :)

2 comments:

Gennaveeve said...

What's funny is that the title is hermit crab and you start talking about Gran Gran and I thought, ya...that's fitting. =)

Cyndi Barker said...

Ok, enough of that!
We need a mommie time-out.
I will make it so.
Your presence will be expected.
Stay tuned.

Oh, and ditto about Grandma.
I feel the same way, I love her but was never sure quite where I stood and now I understand Soooo much better. So much wasted time. I do not intend to repeat that mistake.

Fun Stuff!