Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Wednesday

Just checking in. All is well, mostly, you know.

He has been gone a couple months now. Not a whole lot here is different and it feels like it should be, but my schedule didn't really change. I still get the kids up in the morning, go to work, come home and make dinner, make the kids help clean up and do homework, go to bed. Time with him after work is what I miss. It's funny - even the annoying things that made me want to smother him I miss now. It is quieter though - a little more laid back. That sounds disloyal but I cant help it. My husband is....a little bit high maintenance, emotionally at least, and attention wise.And lets face it - I just have more me time. Too much really when I just want to cuddle with him. If I could have home and just go on a nice fishing trip or golf trip or whatever - somewhere fun with the guys - one weekend a month or even every other month, well that would be perfect. I would have him here for the most part and then get just little breaks from each other. A year is just too long. :)

Other than that not much is happening. Kids brought home some good report cards last quarter, hopefully they do so again this quarter. Josh got a Star Award for honesty and trustworthiness. I told Aaron and he laughed and said the teachers there must be pretty gullible. He is a good kid though -even if he is a magpie. My mom says he suffers from OSS - Oh Shiny Syndrome. He just picks up whatever and it all ends up in his room. If you cant find something in the house - check Josh's room. Scissors, screwdrivers, the cheese grater anything. :)

They are doing well though and I am proud of them. My only real complaint is that the internet where Aaron is really sucks and we cant harldy use it - or when we do the quality is so bad I cant really hear or see him. I know I know - I should be grateful to have it at all when for most of history there wasn't any communication or hardly any at all. But still - we do have the technology now and it is pretty common in most of the world. People in the cities in Afghanistan have high speed internet just fine, and with sattellite's people can get the internet anywhere. I just think if we have the technology and I pay $80.00 a month for it - then it should work - and just in crappy spurts. I'm just sayin...

He is moving to a different FOB where it is not so "quiet". Great. I'm thrilled. I wonder to myself - why couldn't he have been the cook? No - he has to go look for bombs. It's ok though - I'm just venting. I miss him. I have a pile of his laundry that I did after he left on his side of the bed that I haven't put away. It's like an Aaron shaped pile just on the other side of me when I sleep. Is that crazy? I don't know. I can't wait for R&R though - he gets to come for 2 weeks to visit and that will be awesome. It will make the last half of it last even longer but it breaks it up into smaller times that he is gone so that works out great.

Anyway - enough rambling for today. Just checking in- all is well. Oh and Happy Wednesday - Happy Cinco de Mayo.

1 comment:

Gennaveeve said...

A cheese grater? Really? That's funny! We need to have a beach play date soon! Love you!!!

Fun Stuff!