Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kids and Too close to death for comfort...or in other words, Vacation!

So again, I wait too long to post. But when you don't have the internet at home because your poor and your husband isn't workin you don't get a lot of time. :) Ok so excuses aside let's move on. We went to Fremont in May for our 50th annual reunion or something like that. ( I think it's been 6 but the number we put on invites changes each year just for fun.) A lot of went rock climbing. My youngest has no fear (except for spiders) and went down 3 times! I finally got my courage up and went down once. Needless to say I don't think I will go ever again. It was a 140 foot cliff. About 15 feet down I got stuck. No not from panic, well not yet, but because I didn't know to put my hair up. And it all twisted up in the figure 8 that my rope was going through. Not a small chunk, but ALL of it. So I had to stop and pull the rope back up through it to get most of my hair out. .I still lost a little bit but oh well.And of course thats when my loose sneakers fell off. Then I very slowly made it most of the way down in my socks. Almost to the bottom i slipped and banged in the wall a couple of times and my harness was digging into my legs really bad so I hurt. I just wanted down, I was slipping farther and farther backwards and was pretty close to being upside down by the time I got to the bottom. I remember crying "just let me down I just want down". Not very dignified. And of course I was the one who had to let me down but I had a death grip onthe rope. *sigh* But hey Josh had fun!
And of course T ball was way way cute. Especially when the older cousins would try and tackle them and stop them from getting to the bases. Cute kids, lots of fun. And then my brother took me out on the lake in the boat while the boys went shooting their guns. It was good weather, quiet, and beautiful! Plus I caught 2 fish. That always helps. It was a nice half of the day to make up for almost killing myself on the mountain earlier. And what I have realized in the last month is how super awesome my family is. I have known this already dont get me wrong, but really really in the last while. Love you all!

1 comment:

Gennaveeve said...

It's not a Jackson reunion without some kind of near death experience =) I'm sorry it was you this time, I guess you won't go rappelling anytime soon.

Fun Stuff!